How to Bake the Perfect Cookie
We bet this has happened to you before - you’re scrolling through Pinterest (because who doesn’t love Pinterest?) and all of a sudden, the most *perfect* cookie shows up on your feed. It’s perfectly round, toppings spread out evenly, the center is perfectly fluffy. You feel inspired, so you make your own, but your cookies are the most un-Pinterest looking cookies you’ve ever seen.
We’ve been there, too, so don’t worry! Creating the perfect cookie takes a ton of practice and a lot of commitment. Luckily, Betty Crocker suggests some tips to help make it the perfect cookie to help guide you along.
- Use the exact ingredients in the cookie recipe - Now listen, we all love super creative cookie recipes, but there’s a reason the pros list the ingredients they do! Chances are, they’ve messed up a few times themselves, and they know which ingredients make the most delicious cookies.
- Measure cookie ingredients correctly - See point #1! It’s important to have the right ingredients, but it’s even more important to make sure those ingredients are measured correctly. Trust the pros!
- Chill cookie dough if necessary - A great little baking secret is chilling the cookie dough before baking. The reason people do this is that when chilled cookie dough is baked, the cookie spreads less and looks more brown, giving it that perfect, fluffy, fresh-out-of-the-oven look.
- Use the best cookie sheets - Believe it or not, even the cookie sheet you use can make a difference! We’ve linked some tips for you to know which ones to look out for and which ones to avoid.
- Bake a test cookie - A test cookie is useful for two reasons. One, you’re able to see what needs to be improved and make your next batch even better. Two, you get an extra cookie to eat!
- “Beautify” your cookie dough balls - If you have toppings in your cookies, like sprinkles or chocolate chips, you can hand place the toppings evenly around the ball. We weren’t kidding - baking the perfect cookie takes a lot of commitment!
- Reshape your cookies - If your cookies come out of the oven and they’re still not that perfectly round shape, you can reshape them while they’re still hot! A fun hack to help create the perfect circular cookie is to place a glass or cup around the cookie and swirl it around on the pan gently.
Here’s the most important tip - bake the perfect cookie for YOU! If you want your cookies to be really big and flat, we love it! If you want small, square sugar cookies, that’s amazing! No matter what your cookie looks like, if it’s your favorite flavor, with your favorite toppings, and eating it makes you feel like you’re on Cloud 9, then congratulations! You have made the PERFECT cookie!
At Doughp, we believe in creating many moments of self-love throughout our days. In our opinion, creating your perfect cookie is one of the best forms of self-love, so go ahead and treat yo self! And while you’re at it, try some of our delicious flavors of cookie dough- we can’t wait to see what cookies you come up with!