RECIPE ALERT: No Bake Rainbow Cookie & Ice Cream Sandwiches
Ice cream sandwiches: a classic. Delicious cookies encasing cool, sweet ice cream. It doesn’t get much better than that…or does it? In this remix on the classic ice cream sandwich, we’ll use edible cookie dough to bring a whole new level to this tried and true favorite.
Here at Doughp, we believe edible cookie dough can totally be baked but sometimes, you just want to lick the dang spoon! That’s why Doughp makes safe edible cookie dough that you can eat or heat. For this ice cream sandwich recipe, you’ll use no-bake cookie dough to create an epic and easy dessert, as well as some fun ways to up the YUM factor even more!
No Bake Rainbow Cookie & Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 (or more!) pint of Fairy Dust Doughp (This is a Doughp bestselling flavor - edible cookie dough with rainbow sprinkles)
- Two scoops of an ice cream flavor of your choice
- Bring Fairy Dust Doughp to room temperature for easy handling.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Use your hands or a silicon spatula to spread the room temperature edible cookie dough into a square on the baking sheet. Keep it half an inch thick.
- Use a knife or cookie cutter to perforate the dough and remove any excess dough from around the edges. (Don't toss it though! You can eat it right then and there!)
- Put the baking sheet with the edible cookie dough into the freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
- After 25 minutes, take ice cream of your choice and let soften for scooping.
- Pull cookie dough out and place a whole lotta ice cream in between two, then sandwich.
- Bite in and enjoy!
Wanting to add a little more pizzazz? Add fun toppings to the ice cream on the exposed sides of your ice cream sandwich. Try mini marshmallows, extra sprinkles, or caramel to go with the Fairy Dust Doughp. Another option? Add ice cream such as chocolate, then dip in peanut butter, Reeses, and brownies.