10 Journal Prompts to Clear Your Mind
Life can be HARD. We get it. Work, family, social life. Keep track of a calendar. Check things off your to-do list. Be successful. Be healthy. Make your parents proud.
There’s a lot of things running through our heads on a daily basis but honestly, sometimes we just need a little break. I mean, yolo right? (But seriously).
We compiled a few of our favorite journal prompts to give your mind a break, clear your head, and hopefully leave you feeling refreshed and ready to tackle whatever life has in store for you. So grab your journal, a pen, and a scoop of cookie dough (100% necessary) and let the thoughts flow.
- First, do a worry purge. Write down everything that’s taking up space in your mind.
- Three things that are GOOD in your life right now.
- What can you do in this moment to get yourself some nourishment and self-care?
- What’s one thing that made you smile recently?
- What are three simple pleasures that make you feel good?
- If you had to focus on ONE thing this month, what would you give your time and energy to?
- Write down three things you have accomplished today, no matter how small. Take some time to celebrate these.
- I feel ______. I want to feel ____.
- Go back to the worries you listed earlier. Pick one that you can leave behind, for the time being. Often times we try and tackle too many things at once, leaving us feeling overwhelmed. One of those worries can probably wait until next week.
- Lastly, go back to prompt #3 and actually go do that thing.
Doughp is committed to reducing stigmas around mental health & addiction. Share your story, spread some love, #breakthestigma. We’re here to make the world a little sweeter.✌🏼