Happy National Stress Awareness Month!
That’s right, April is National Stress Awareness Month! Doughp is committed to helping others with mental illness and recovery, and this month is the perfect time to bring awareness to those who suffer. Stress is closely related to mental health and can often lead to more serious mental health issues. So, how can you help out others who may be suffering?
- You’re constantly in a bad mood. Hormones can affect your mood and make you irritable.
- Your sleep patterns are off. You may be sleeping too much or not enough.
- Your sex drive takes a dip. Your body may constantly be reacting to stress which can diminish your sex drive.
- You feel emotional more often. If you are constantly tired or stressed, it makes doing things more complicated, and we may react emotionally.
- You keep getting sick. Stress negatively affects your immune system, and your body will have a more challenging time healing from illness.
- You over or under-eat. Your hormones can increase and decrease the amount you want to eat because you are stressed.
- You drink more. Drinking makes stress worse and should be avoided.
If you or a friend is experiencing these things, don’t wait! Don’t push off those signs until it is too late and it becomes a bigger problem. Talk to a friend or, if more serious, a medical professional. If the stress isn’t too severe, here is a list of things you can do to combat the stress!
- Take a break from whatever is giving you too much stress. It doesn’t have to be long, and even a short break can help you out.
- Do some breathing exercises or meditate. Breathing is a great way to focus on yourself and calm your mind.
- Watch something you enjoy. Sit back and put on your favorite show.
- Workout. Release your stress and get some exercise.
- Hydrate. Have you been drinking enough water? You may feel tired if you are dehydrated.
- Find a hobby. There are a million different things you do to forget your troubles. Our personal favorite is baking, of course! We have a ton of unique and fun recipes for you to try!
Please comment on your favorite stress-reducing activity to help others. We are all in this together!
You can also sign our pledge to commit to keeping it raw and real every day. By signing the pledge, you promise to not only check up on yourself but on the people around you. We can’t go through life alone!
If you like cookie dough, consider buying some Doughp! We donate a portion of every sale to the SHE RECOVERS Foundation, a non-profit charity with a mission to connect, support, and empower women in or seeking recovery. Feel good about how you spend your money while enjoying some amazing cookie dough! Have a Doughp day!