Elderflower Lemonade Cookie Sandwich Recipe
Spring is in the air and these cookie sandwiches are about to be in your mouth! Light lemon buttercream frosting sandwiched between two cookies made from Doughp's new "Main Squeeze" Elderflower Lemonade Cookie Dough. *chef's kiss* Easy. Fun. Delicious.
- 1 pint Doughp Elderflower Lemonade Dough
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop about 2 tbsp chilled Elderflower Lemonade Dough per cookie onto the lined baking sheet. Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the zest and juice from 1 lemon, followed by the vanilla extract and mix again.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and beat until smooth. If you want a thicker frosting, add another cup of powdered sugar.
- Generously scoop the frosting and place between two of the baked cookies. Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator.