Make Your Own Milk Bar Cake
If you’re as into desserts as we are, you’ve probably heard of Milk Bar. We’re FANS. In fact, we like them so much that we wanted to be able to create something similar at home. And because our Dunk On ‘Em Doughp already packs in frosting, rainbow sprinkles, and Teddy Graham cookie pieces, we figured it was the perfect place to start. So gather up a few pints — and some Dunk On ‘Em Doughp Drops if you want to get extra fancy with the finishes. Let’s get to it.
- 3 pints Dunk On ‘Em Doughp, softened
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cream
- Rainbow sprinkles - optional
- Dunk On ‘Em Dough Drops - optional
- Line the bottom of a small 4-6” springform pan with parchment paper. Place one pint of the cookie dough into the pan and press down to form ⅓ of the cake layers. Remove from the pan, and place between two slices of parchment paper. Repeat 2 more times to get 3 layers of “cake”. Place all layers in the fridge for about one hour before assembling.
- Make the frosting by whipping the butter until light and fluffy with an electric mixer in a large mixing bowl. Add ½ of the powdered sugar and beat again until combined. Add the remaining powdered sugar and mix. Add the vanilla and cream and beat until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Assemble the cake by placing a layer of the dough “cake” onto your serving platter. Place ⅓ of the frosting on top and spread evenly. Repeat with the remaining cake layers and frosting.
- Garnish the top of the cake with extra dough balls, and rainbow sprinkles if desired.