Homemade Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Summer has arrived and everybody is desperate for some treats that can help you cool down - from cold smoothies to popsicles, you name it - they’re back in style! And the fan fave: ice cream.
Cookie dough ice cream is the best ice cream flavor ever - and that's a universally agreed upon scientific fact. (pretty sure) Well it is an absolutely delicious AF combination that brings back some milk & cookies vibes. But the dry, crumbly attempt at cookie dough you find in most cookie dough ice cream is just not gonna cut it.
So, we’ve decided to share with you how to make your own cookie dough ice cream using your favorite Doughp flavors. BOOM! The best part - it’s no bake! Just mix, freeze, and dig in!
Your favorite Doughp flavor
2 cups heavy cream
2/3 cups half and half
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Ice Cream Maker Method:
- 1. Combine the heavy cream, half and half, vanilla, and sugar. Beat until smooth.
- 2. Place the ice cream in an ice cream maker and churn according to the maker’s directions. Add small nuggets of Doughp Cookie Dough in the final few minutes to integrate the chunks of dough into the creamy vanilla ice cream. (No ice cream maker? See Freeze & Churn method below!)
PRO TIP: You can add other mix-ins, too. Using Cookie Monsta? Add some extra OREOs! Or are you mixing in Ride or Die? Make it a chocolate ice cream by adding chocolate syurp or cocoa powder. You can do no wrong.. add sprinkles, caramel, brownie bits, you name it!
Freeze & Churn Method:
- When you’re finished mixing your ingredients, place the ice cream mixture into a stainless steel dish, add nuggets of dough (and other mix-insI), and place it in the freezer.
- After 30-45 minutes - whenever the edges begin to freeze - pull the edges and stir with a spatula (ideally with a mixer).
- Place in the freezer and continue to stir every 30 minutes for 2-3 hours, or until it’s frozen.
And there you have it! Once it’s frozen, you’re free to enjoy. Doughp in all forms are equally delicious.