It’s National Strawberry Month!
If you try to buy seasonal produce, you’ve probably been stocking up on strawberries. While harvest starts all the way back in January, April is peak picking month. And that means that by the time May rolls around, you should have ample opportunities to bite into a juicy berry.
In fact, it’s officially National Strawberry Month! You know we’re celebrating. Specifically, we’ve got Strawberry Cheesin’ — our dough blended with strawberry jam, cream cheese frosting, and dried strawberries — back on offer.
Before you dig into some dough, let’s hit you with some interesting strawberry info.
DYK? National Strawberry Month fun facts
- The average American eats around 5 pounds of strawberries a year
- They contain tons of antioxidants and more vitamin C per cup than an orange
- Strawberries are a member of the rose family
- They got their name because they used to be grown under straw to protect them from the cold
- Strawberries grow in all 50 states
- They can help to reduce your risk of heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and cancer
Celebrating National Strawberry Month (and mom!)
With Strawberry Cheesin’ back up for grabs, you can make the most of this month. You probably know that Doughp is a heat-it-or-eat-it situation, meaning you can bake it into cookies or dive straight in with a spoon.
But why stop there?! If you’re looking for a way to celebrate National Strawberry Month in a big way, we’ve got some Strawberry Cheesin’ recipes you can whip up. In fact, if you’ve been looking for a way to show mom some love as Mother’s Day approaches, these give you two solid options:
Or, if you’re really loving the flavors of this month, you could always scoop some Strawberry Cheesin’ into a bowl and top it with fresh sliced strawberries.
Happy National Strawberry Month, folks! Don’t forget to grab your cup of Strawberry Cheesin’ so you can celebrate in style.